The painting had been sold at auction in the Paris Hôtel Drouot, on February 20, 1908. Thereafter it belonged to the Léon Payen's collection in Paris. As a result of an art auction in Hôtel Drouot, on June 29 & 30, 1916, Paris, the painting was purchased by Mrs Simon. Still before 1931, the picture had got to the Wroclaw's collection of Max Silberberg, who sold it in the auction house of Paul Graupe in Berlin, in 1935 (25 March). Then the painting was housed by an unknown private owner and on June 19, 2006, it was offered on auction by Sotheby in London. Just before he sale, the former owners and Max Silberbergs descendants had come to understanding, on the ground of the Washington convention.
Karl Scheffler, Die Sammlung Max Silberberg, „Kunst und Künstler“, 30 (1931), p. 3-18
- Dr. Hans-Joachim Hinz