The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. Around 1870 the painting was moved to new family residence in Reisewitz. Sold to A. S. Drey, New York (1925-1926); Gallery Rosenberg and Stiebel, New York (until 1945); Varya and Hans Cohn, Los Angeles, bequaethed to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in 1991.
Italian Panel Painting of the Early Renaissance in the Collection of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Catalog of an exhibition organized by and held at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 22 December 1994 – 12 March 1995, ed. Susan L. Caroselli, Joseph Fronek, Los Angeles 1994, p. 109-111
- Magdalena Palica