We recommend an interesting project "The collectors' Warsaw"
We invite you to visit the portal dedicated to the collections gathered by art lovers of Warsaw between the mid 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. The aim of this project is to bring the figures of many art collectors closer, whose art acquisitions still remain unknown. Among them we shall mention Leon Franciszek Goldberg-Górski, Bronislaw Krystall, Edward Rejcher or Gustaw and Julia Wertheim.
More information about the project at http://warszawakolekcjonerska.com/
We are pleased to invite you to the lecture series on artworks which were part of the collection gathered by a famous architect Eduard Schaubert (1804-1860). Many antiques did he gather within his long-term residence in Greece, where he was a court architect.
70 years have now passed since Edvard Munch's death, therefore his oeuvre has reached the public domain. In this way we are able to present photos of the painter's works which were formerly housed in private collections in Breslau.
Many among over 1400 artworks found in Cornelius Gurlitt, son of a merchant collaborating with Nazis Hildebrand Gurlitt's apartment in Munich, had formerly been parts of the Jewish collections.
In the National Museum of Wrocław, from April 2 to May 20, 2012, 130 paintings can be admired, created between the late 18th and the early 20th century. The flagship of the exhibition is the Alpine Landscape by Joseph Anton Koch which formerly belonged to the collection of the family von Ingenheim.
On initiative of prof. Jerzy Monkiewicz, from the Faculty of Biology and Animal Sciences at the University of Environmental and Life Sciences, the Palace of Pawłowice which formerly belonged to the Korn family, exhibits copies of the paintings from their former collection. Among them can be seen: the "Garden in Kissingen" by Adolph Menzel, "The Young Girl-Gardener" by Christian Dietrich, "Still Life" by Philipp Sauerland, as well as the "Prussian King Wilhelm I by his Mother's Sarcophagus" by Anton von Werner.
On behalf of the Foundation of Silesian Palaces and Gardens' Valley of Jelenia Góra we beg to invite on Friday, February 11, 2012, at 16.00, to the Paulinum Palace, for the next opening of the exhibition entitled: "Travelling in Times - Older Views of Silesia in Engravings from the Haselbach's Collection".
We recommend a book: Magdalena Palica “Od Delacroix do van Gogha. Żydowskie kolekcje sztuki w dawnym Wrocławiu”
We highly invite all the interested in Silesian collecting, to read the newly released book. For more information see here.
Together with Regional Museum in Jawor we invite to the closure of the exhibition entitled "The Baroque workshop Michael Leopold Willmann's in an eye-glass"
The exhibition closure will begin on Saturday, December 18, at 6 o'clock p.m., with presenting a scientific issue entitled "Michael Leopold Willmann's paintings in an eye-glass", written by Marcin Ciba, Andrzej Kozieł and Barbara Łydżba-Kopczyńska.
We highly recommend an interesting project "The Baroque Workshop Michael Leopold Willmann's in an eye-glass", carried out by the Regional Museum in Jawor (Jauer in German)
Within the enterprise an exhibition of works by the “Silesian Rembrandt” is planned from October 8, 2010 to December 31, 2010, as well as presenting the plates and didactic aid pieces which shall introduce to the visitors, the technical concern of Willmann’s workshop, with special consideration to the unique technology of painting.
In the early 1940s Albrecht August Haselbach formed the largest collection of topographical sights, that had ever existed in Silesia. It included 4000 copperplates, etchings and lithographies. The collection included also single prints from the 16th-18th centuries; its main part is however formed by engravings deriving from romanticism and the Biedermeier period, i.e. dating from around 1850s. Some of them may be presented in the Museum of Nysa, at the exhibition entitled "Temporal voyages".
We encourage visiting the exhibition by the title “The Family Splendour – Effigies and Collections of the Ballestrem Family, in the Museum of Gliwice (Gleiwitz in German)”.
The hundredth jubilee of Franz Karl von Ballestrem’s death that has passed this year can be brilliant occasion to redeem the memory of one of the most notable and influential Upper Silesian families. On such an occasion the Museum of Gliwice (Gleiwitz) has organized an exhibition entitled The Family Splendour – Effigies and Collections of the Ballestrem Family, in the Museum of Gliwice.
The exhibition’s opening will take place on September 3, 2010, at 5 o’clock p.m., in the Villa Caro.
We beg to invite you to read the text dedicated to the history of a sketch by Carl Philipp Fohr, presently the pride of Detroit Institute of Arts. This drawing, along with several other works by Fohr, was purchased by the artist’s friend Carl Herrmann, who also was a painter. Along the collection of the latter, the drawing was transferred to Wroclaw, where it was housed by several renowned art collectors, among them by Adelbert Woelfl, a painter of town views.
Our group of project partners has been contributed by Municipal Museum “Gerhart Hauptmann’s House” in Jagniątków (Agnetendorf in German)
The picturesquely situated villa of a Nobel Prize winner Gerhart Hauptmann, houses presently the museum baptized with his name, which has become partner of our project.
Giant Mountains Museum in Jelenia Góra (Hirschberg in German) has become new partner of our project.
We beg to inform that the project “Silesian Art Collections” has received grants tendered by the Ministry of Labor and Social Politics within the Governmental Program – Public Enterprises’ Fund.
Owing to the received support we are planning to prepare in near future, mostly suggestions of tourist routes which will appear on the website “Interactive Map of Silesia”.
The Palace in Moszna (Moschen in German), one of the most famous architectural monuments in the Opole surroundings, was decorated before the World War II, with precious artworks, among them the series of mural paintings and tapestries that had formerly adorned the Italian patricians’ palaces.
We invite to read an article about the series of tapestries depicting the biblical history of Jacob, presently housed in Musées Royaux d’Art et d’Histoire in Brussels. The designs for individual compositions were executed by the celebrated Netherlandish painter Bernard van Orley.
The exuberant collection of the Museum of Nysa houses numerous artworks which formerly decorated many residencies situated in the town's surroundings. A significant group of artworks constitute the paintings that once served as adornment of a famous castle of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki, among them the series of vedutas depicting the Hague.
We invite to discover the painter Joseph Langer’s collection, whose large part is presently housed in Museum of Household Accessories in Ziębice (Münsterberg in German). Among the artworks collected by the artist, mostly the only signed picture by Anna Elisabeth Willmann and numerous sculptures have to be mentioned. The artworks deriving from this collection can also be admired in Giant Mountains Museum of Jelenia Góra (Hirschberg in German) and in National Museum of Wroclaw.
We highly invite all the interested in Silesian collecting, to read the newly released book, entitled “Treasuries of Nature and Art. Silesian Private Cabinets of Rarities, Art Collections and Natural Wonders, in the 17th and 18th centuries”.
This is the first attempt of synthetic scrutiny on Silesian private collections formed in the foregoing period, with an attempt to distinguish individual collection types.
We invite on Tuesday, on May 11, 2010, at 6 o’clock p.m.
to the Art History Institute of the Wroclaw University
ul. Szewska 36, Room No. 306
The well known art critic Karl Scheffler who visited in 1923 some houses of the Wroclaw’s art collectors, wrote afterwards: “The cupboards and walls (in the collectors’ apartments) are filled with most adorable works by German and French artists. There are plenty of precious examples of older and contemporary graphic art. Even the artworks rarely found in most exuberant collections can be seen there”.
The lecture dedicated to the panorama of art collecting in Silesia, will be given on Monday, May 10, 2010, at 2 o’clock p.m. in the room no. 116 of National Museum in Wroclaw.
This is a meeting from the series entitled “Art in Silesia”, arranged by the Wroclaw’s party of Art Historians’ Association.
The group of our project partners has been supported by the “Palaces and Gardens’ Valley of the Jelenia Góra Cirque”, active since 2005, whose main aim is preservation and promotion of historical complexes of palaces and gardens, as well as court and other residential buildings in the Jelenia Góra Cirque.
The Museum of Household Accessories in Ziębice (Münsterberg) has become partner of our project. The museum houses the former collection of the Silesian painter Joseph Langer (1865-1919).