We invite you to visit the portal dedicated to the collections gathered by art lovers of Warsaw between the mid 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. The aim of this project is to bring the figures of many art collectors closer, whose art acquisitions still remain unknown. Among them we shall mention Leon Franciszek Goldberg-Górski, Bronislaw Krystall, Edward Rejcher or Gustaw and Julia Wertheim.
We are pleased to invite you to the lecture series on artworks which were part of the collection gathered by a famous architect Eduard Schaubert (1804-1860). Many antiques did he gather within his long-term residence in Greece, where he was a court architect.
70 years have now passed since Edvard Munch's death, therefore his oeuvre has reached the public domain. In this way we are able to present photos of the painter's works which were formerly housed in private collections in Breslau.
Many among over 1400 artworks found in Cornelius Gurlitt, son of a merchant collaborating with Nazis Hildebrand Gurlitt's apartment in Munich, had formerly been parts of the Jewish collections.
In the National Museum of Wrocław, from April 2 to May 20, 2012, 130 paintings can be admired, created between the late 18th and the early 20th century. The flagship of the exhibition is the Alpine Landscape by Joseph Anton Koch which formerly belonged to the collection of the family von Ingenheim.
On initiative of prof. Jerzy Monkiewicz, from the Faculty of Biology and Animal Sciences at the University of Environmental and Life Sciences, the Palace of Pawłowice which formerly belonged to the Korn family, exhibits copies of the paintings from their former collection. Among them can be seen: the "Garden in Kissingen" by Adolph Menzel, "The Young Girl-Gardener" by Christian Dietrich, "Still Life" by Philipp Sauerland, as well as the "Prussian King Wilhelm I by his Mother's Sarcophagus" by Anton von Werner.
On behalf of the Foundation of Silesian Palaces and Gardens' Valley of Jelenia Góra we beg to invite on Friday, February 11, 2012, at 16.00, to the Paulinum Palace, for the next opening of the exhibition entitled: "Travelling in Times - Older Views of Silesia in Engravings from the Haselbach's Collection".
- We recommend a book: Magdalena Palica “Od Delacroix do van Gogha. Żydowskie kolekcje sztuki w dawnym Wrocławiu” - 03 / 10 / 2011
- Together with Regional Museum in Jawor we invite to the closure of the exhibition entitled "The Baroque workshop Michael Leopold Willmann's in an eye-glass" - 09 / 12 / 2010
- We highly recommend an interesting project "The Baroque Workshop Michael Leopold Willmann's in an eye-glass", carried out by the Regional Museum in Jawor (Jauer in German) - 13 / 09 / 2010
- We invite to an exhibition of engravings from the Haselbach's collection in the Museum of Nysa - 03 / 09 / 2010
- We encourage visiting the exhibition by the title “The Family Splendour – Effigies and Collections of the Ballestrem Family, in the Museum of Gliwice (Gleiwitz in German)”. - 26 / 08 / 2010
- We highly recommend a new article about the drawing by Carl Philipp Fohr - 26 / 08 / 2010
- Our group of project partners has been contributed by Municipal Museum “Gerhart Hauptmann’s House” in Jagniątków (Agnetendorf in German) - 24 / 06 / 2010
- Giant Mountains Museum in Jelenia Góra (Hirschberg in German) has become new partner of our project. - 13 / 06 / 2010
- The project has received financial support from the Operating Program: Public Enterprises’ Fund - 01 / 06 / 2010
- We recommend a new article about artworks from the palace in Moszna (Moschen in German). - 28 / 05 / 2010
- The Museum of Nysa has become our new project partner - 25 / 05 / 2010
- Artworks from the Joseph Langer's Collection - 25 / 05 / 2010
- We recommend a book: Michał Mencfel, “Treasuries of Nature and Art” - 25 / 05 / 2010
- The meeting initiating the project "Silesian Art Collections” - 03 / 05 / 2010
- We invite to a lecture by Magdalena Palica, entitled “Silesian Art Collections“. - 03 / 05 / 2010
- New partner: "The Palaces and Gardens' Valley" - 10 / 02 / 2010
- The description standards of artworks in the database “Silesian Art Collections“ - 10 / 02 / 2010
- The Museum in Ziębice (Münsterberg in German) has become our new project partner - 10 / 01 / 2010