Born in Liebenau (today's Lubrza) Tietze came to Breslau to study medicine. In 1887 he became a surgeon and started working in the Surgical Clinic of Breslau alongside the famous Jan Mikulicz-Radecki. In 1894 he took the position of the director of the All Saints Hospital. In the year of his death a high-rated textbook of surgery which he authored was published. In 1914-1920 Tietze was a member of Breslau's City Council.
In Tietze's collection one could admire the works of Fritz and Erich Erler, who were also valued by the Neissers. He owned paintings by Richard Pfeiffer and a local female artist Gertrud Staats. His collection included also a bronze figure of a blacksmith by Georges Bareau.
Julius Brann, Breslauer Kunstbesitz, „Schlesien” 5 (1911), p. 466-472
Vierte Ausstellung von Werken moderner Meister aus Breslauer Privatbesitz vom 17. April bis 14. Mai, Schlesisches Museum der bildenden Künste, Breslau 1911
Waldemar Kozuschek, Jan Mikulicz-Radecki, 1850-1905: współtwórca nowoczesnej chirurgii, Wrocław 2005
- Magdalena Palica